By using the PRYDE web site (“Service”), or any services of Essium, LLC (“Essium”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
If Essium makes material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on our site before the changes are effective. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://essium.co/terms-of-use
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Essium prohibits such violations, you understand and agree that Essium cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
A. Account Terms
- You must be 16 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as your plan allows.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Essium cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
B. API Terms
Customers may access their PRYDE account data via an API (Application Program Interface). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses PRYDE, is bound by these Terms of Service plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that Essium shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Essium has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to PRYDE via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. Essium, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. Essium will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
- Essium reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
C. Licensing and Transaction Billing, Payment and Refunds Terms
- For accounts invoiced by a credit card, a valid card must be entered prior to activating an account license.
- If a credit card is valid at license activation, but found to be invalid when an attempt is made to bill your account, you will have fourteen (14) calendar days to update your account. After the 14 day grace period, if the account has not been updated, your account will be suspended and all features will become unavailable until a valid credit card is entered. Essium will make a reasonable attempt
via email to warn the account owner that a billing transaction was not successful and that the account is in danger of being suspended.
- Accounts are invoiced periodically based on dollar volume or time span. The default threshold is one hundred US dollars (USD100). Once an
account crosses this threshold, the card on file will be charged within one (1) business day and notice will be sent via email. The dollar threshold may be increased on request for accounts in good standing. If an account has an outstanding balance that is not more than the set threshold and the last billing was done more than a thirty (30) calendar days in the past, all outstanding charges will be billed within one (1) business day.
- All user licensing fees are billed on a monthly basis, these fees are billed in advance and are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- Usage charges are non-refundable, but may be credited (in partial or full) to an account, if, after review, it’s deemed that the transaction was not completed with in the scope of its intended use. All credits must be submitted in writing with an explanation supporting the need to provide a credit.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level while on a monthly billing cycle, the credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content or features of your Account. Essium does not accept any liability for such loss.
D. Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
- All of your Content will be immediately unavailable from the Service upon cancellation. This information may not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again. Any outstanding usage charges will be billed within one (1) business day of cancelling your account
- Essium, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Essium service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Essium reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
E. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Essium reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly licensing fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Essium Site (essium.co) or the Service itself.
- Essium shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
F. Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material or data you provide to the Service. All the data, files, images, or messages you create or collect via the Service is the sole property of the account holder or its designee.
- Essium does not pre-screen Content, but Essium and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- You shall defend Essium against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Essium by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify Essium for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, Essium in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that Essium (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases Essium of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
G. General Conditions
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Support for Essium services is only available in English, via email.
- You understand that Essium uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Essium, or any other Essium service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Essium.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Essium customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Essium) of other Essium customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- You expressly understand and agree that Essium shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Essium has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Essium to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Essium and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Essium (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under Michigan law.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.